Experiencing an “adjustable bed remote not working” situation can be highly frustrating, especially when you’re in dire need of adjusting your bed’s position. Adjustable beds offer a range of benefits to seniors, making them a fantastic investment for comfort and health.
However, like any technological device, they are not immune to issues. In this guide to fixing adjustable bed remotes, we’ll walk you through a step-by-step process to troubleshoot and resolve the common issues with your adjustable bed remote. By the end of this guide, you’ll be well-equipped to handle any remote mishaps and get back to enjoying your comfortable, adjustable bed in no time.
Have You Checked the Batteries?
We know this is something that you’ve most likely already thought of. That said, you’d be surprised how many people skip over the easiest solution – checking if the batteries in the remote are still working – and head straight to more complicated and expensive solutions.
So, before we continue, make sure you’ve checked off this obvious box! Forgetting to do this can mean you’ll wind up far more frustrated in the long run.
How to Program Adjustable Bed Remote
Programming your adjustable bed remote – or, rather, reprogramming it – should be one of the first steps you take. This is necessary when the remote and the receiver (a small electronic mechanism under your adjustable bed base, either near or inside the motor box/control box) lose their connection. It’s also referred to as syncing or going out of sync.
Re-programming does nothing more than re-establish this connection between your adjustable bed remote and receiver. But, the process for programming the remote on your adjustable bed changes depending on which model and brand you own. You should consult your owner’s manual for the exact instructions, but programming your remote usually looks like doing one of the following things:
- Pressing a button on the receiver under your adjustable bed base
- Holding the power button on your remote for several seconds
- Unplugging your adjustable bed and removing the batteries from the remote
No matter what the specific instructions are for your model of adjustable bed, programming the remote is one of the simplest and most effective ways to get it working again. If you’re unable to restore functionality to your remote by programming it, you can move on to the next step.
How to Sync the Remote for An Adjustable Bed
Sometimes, you’ll see advice or recommendations from your adjustable bed manufacturer to “sync” the remote to get it to start working again. This is just a small difference in word choice: “syncing” a remote is the same as “programming it”. That means you can follow the same steps just described if you want to sync your adjustable bed remote control.
Adjustable Bed Remote Not Working – How to Fix Common Problems With Adjustable Bed Remotes
- Take out the battery in the remote and change it or make sure it is making contact with the remote in the correct way.
- Check the power source that the bed is plugged into. Sometimes, the remote isn’t the issue at all; the power cable has come loose, or the wall outlet may be damaged.
- Check the receiver on your adjustable bed base. There may be something blocking the receiver and making the remote not work, just like the way a TV remote may not work if something is in the way of the TV’s signal receiver.
- Hold down the power button on your remote for 15 seconds. On many models, doing this resets the connection between the remote control and the adjustable bed base.
How to Reset Adjustable Bed Remote
The best way to fully reset any kind of adjustable bed remote is to perform what’s known as a “power cycle”. This action goes one level deeper than simply removing the batteries and putting them back in.
Power cycling is a way to remove all the excess electricity from any electronic device. When you unplug an appliance or remove its batteries, there is still some electricity left inside, even though it isn’t enough to make the device work. Power cycling removes that electricity, completely draining the device and rendering it 100% dead.
When that happens, whatever is causing the connection or performance problem in the device can usually be resolved. This works for all types of electronics: remotes, TVs, cell phones, even kitchen appliances!
So, how do you power cycle an adjustable bed remote control? All you have to do is remove the batteries and hold the power button for at least 15 seconds. Once you’ve done that, you can put the batteries back in and see if the remote is behaving normally again. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn’t – but it’s always worth a shot!
How to Reset Tempur-Pedic Adjustable Bed Remote
Tempur-Pedic makes some of the most popular and luxurious adjustable beds and sleeping systems in the country. That doesn’t mean you’ll never experience technical difficulties, however.
Most remotes are programmed using low-power radio waves, and they each have a different frequency. Sometimes, two devices in the same house may coincidentally use the same frequency (referred to as an RF channel), which causes interference and performance issues.
If the remote on your Tempur-Pedic adjustable bed starts to act up, you can reset it by following these instructions:
- Unplug your adjustable bed from the wall.
- Press the “Flat” and “Stop” buttons on your remote and hold them both down for at least 10 seconds. The current RF channel for your remote/adjustable base will flash on the display.
- You can select a new RF channel number by pressing one of the massage buttons.
- Once you press that button, you have 30 seconds to plug your bed back into the wall. During this time, the remote will be sending the new signal to the bed, and it needs to be plugged back in so that the connection can be re-established.
- Finally, press the “Stop” button on your remote.
How to Reset Remote for Classic Brands Adjustable Bed
Classic Brands adjustable bed remotes are surprisingly quick and easy fix and to reset. If your remote gets disconnected or stops working, you only need to do one thing:
At the same time, press the red button on the adjustable base’s control box and one of the buttons on the remote for 5 seconds. The remote should pair with the adjustable base operation, and get your bed back to working properly.
If this doesn’t work for you, you may need to consult your Classic Brands Adjustable Bed owner’s manual to figure out how your model needs to be reset.
How to Reset Reverie Adjustable Bed
Reverie adjustable beds are easy to adjust and reset, too – just make sure your owner’s manual is nearby.
Just follow these instructions:
- If your Reverie bed is app-enabled, open the Reverie app and make sure that your bed is up-to-date. If you don’t have an app-enabled Reverie bed, move to step 2.
- Press and hold the pairing button on your adjustable bed’s control box until the light begins to blink.
- Press and hold any button on the remote for your bed. When the light on the control box turns solid, your remote should be paired.
How to Reset Adjustable Bed Frame Without Remote Control
Do you need your bed to move back to a flat position, but you’ve lost your remote? Fortunately, if your bed is still in working condition, you have options to replace it besides disassembly!
To reset an adjustable bed without using the remote, you need to locate the power box or receiver. On some beds, the control box and receiver are located in the same place, but on others, they may be separated. Usually, though, they are in the same location on the bottom of bed base of your adjustable bed, even if they are still technically separated.
The reason you need to find the receiver/control box is that there is almost always a reset button placed in that area. Find it, then press or hold it, until your foot section of bed starts to flatten out.
I should caution you to always refer to your adjustable bed owner’s manual before trying to reset it; different models and brands have slight differences in how they need to be reset. While the reset process is generally the same, you should always check the manual before trying to reset your bed on your own.
Next Steps for a Functional Remote
Troubleshooting problems with your adjustable bed remote can indeed be challenging, but with the right guidance, you can get your bed working seamlessly again. We hope this guide has provided you with valuable insights and solutions. If all else fails, consider buying a replacement remote or cashing in on your device warranty. Don’t forget to leave your comments below sharing which solution worked for you, or if you have any additional tips!