If you're looking for free transportation for seniors in New Mexico, you’re in the right place!
This page is a complete resource for free transportation for the elderly in the state of New Mexico.
Check out the resources below, and if you have a resource to add, please contact us!
Map of Free Transportation for Seniors in New Mexico
List of Free Transportation for Seniors in New Mexico
Catholic Charities is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation serving central New Mexico and is a member of Catholic Charities USA, one of the largest non-profit human services networks in the United States.
We are dedicated to finding solutions to some of the most pressing social challenges individuals, children and families face, regardless of race, religion, country of origin, disabilities, gender, age or sexual orientation.
We serve individuals and families throughout Bernalillo, Sandoval, Valencia, and Santa Fe counties with a broad spectrum of services geared towards reducing poverty, improving personal opportunity, and encouraging opportunities for service. With about 85 staff members and over 200 volunteers, our agency has been working to create hope for those in need for over 70 years.
Although grounded in Catholic Social Teachings and inspired by faith, Catholic Charities provides services to those in need regardless of faith.
- 1No charge but donations are always gratefully accepted.
The Department of Senior Affairs provides many services to older adults. These include:
More than 70,000 one-way transportation trips are provided to seniors in Albuquerque and Bernalillo County annually. The trips vary from group rides to meal sites for lunch and activities to grocery stores, to individual rides to medical appointments. Transportation is also provided to volunteer stations for Foster Grandparents.
- 1ADA-Accessible vehicles are available.
- 2Priority is given to those who have medical appointments.
- 3Reservations are required for this service.
- 4Transportation is also provided to volunteer stations for Foster Grandparents.
- 5Pricing information is not available on the website.
The Sandoval County Senior Program mission is to provide a continuum of social support and health services which meet the needs of older individuals and maximize independence, so that they may live life on their own terms in their own communities.
The Sandoval County Senior Program is dedicated to improve the quality of life of our citizens by providing access to culturally sensitive and comprehensive health and social services. Sandoval County has been operating the Senior Program for over 20 years.
Sandoval County encompasses 3,716 square miles. It includes the incorporated municipalities of Bernalillo, Cuba, Corrales, Jemez Springs, Placitas and Rio Rancho and numerous unincorporated communities, San Ysidro, the chartered community of Cochiti Lake, all or portions of nine Indian Pueblos, three Navajo Chapters and part of the Jicarilla Apache Reservation.
The Senior Program is comprised of six Senior Centers, one Meal Site, a Transportation Program, a Frail and Elderly Program and a Volunteer Program. The program provides countywide services from locations in Rio Rancho, Corrales, Placitas, Bernalillo, Pena Blanca, Jemez and Cuba.
- 1Sandoval County does not charge for services, however, donations are always appreciated.
- 2No senior is ever denied services based on whether or not they make a donation.
The Division of Senior Services offers a variety of programs to senior citizens at five senior centers throughout the City of Santa Fe. Our services are essential parts of a long-term care system that enables seniors to remain active within their community while continuing to live independently and comfortably within their own home.
If you are age 60 or over, we invite and encourage you to utilize and participate in these various services. Most services and/or activities are free and some ask for a suggested donation. These programs are here for you and we take pride in ensuring the highest quality of service is provided.
- 1There is a suggested donation of .50垄 per ride or a book of 25 rides is available for a suggested donation of $10.00, saving you $2.50.
- 2Transportation services are available Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm for registered seniors age 60 and over.
- 3Rides to medical appointments are given priority over all other rides.
- 4Transportation reservations must be made at least 24 hours in advance and before 4:00 pm.