A neck air conditioner is a great way to cool down quickly on a hot day. But with so many different models on the market, how do you know which one is right for you?
In this buying guide, we will outline the key features to look for when choosing a neck air conditioner, showcase different types of neck air conditioners you can use, and answer commonly asked questions about neck air conditioners, as well as recommend some of our top picks. Keep reading to learn more about the best neck air conditioners on the market today!
What is a Neck Air Conditioner?
Neck air conditioners work by blowing cold air directly onto the skin, which can help to lower your body temperature and improve your comfort level, which is invaluable when you’re working outdoors or planning to be outside for long periods of time. They are a great wearable air conditioner for those who want to avoid the bulk and weight of a portable fan, and they can be easily stored in a backpack or purse when not in use.
Types of Neck Air Conditioners
There are several different types of neck air conditioners that you can choose from, and each type has its own unique benefits and drawbacks, so it’s important to understand the differences before making a purchase. Here are a few popular types of neck air conditioners to look at if you’re buying one for yourself.
- Round-the-Neck Fans: These devices are the most popular type of neck air conditioner, as they are lightweight and easy to wear. Round-the-neck fans have a small spinning fan unit that sits at the base of the device and blows air directly onto the skin without the user having to pick it up or do anything with it. If you’re looking for a round-the-neck fan, we recommend the Apatner Portable Neck Fan.
- Bladeless Neck Fans: These devices are a newer type of neck air conditioner and work similarly to round-the-neck fans, except they don’t have any blades. Bladeless neck fans use a small motor to create a vortex of air that is then directed towards the user. These devices are becoming increasingly popular because they are more safe to use (no blades means no risk of getting hair trapped in the fan). If you’re looking for a bladeless neck fan, we recommend the JISULIFE portable neck fan.
- Hanging Neck Fans: These devices are a bit more old-fashioned, but they are still available on the market. Hanging neck fans have a small fan unit that is attached to a lanyard or chain, which is then worn around the neck. The fan hangs down in front of the user and can be picked up to blow air directly onto their skin. If you’re looking for a hanging neck fan, we recommend the smartelf handheld fan.
- Leafless Hanging Neck Fans: This is a type of neck fan that hangs off of a lanyard as with hanging neck fans, but it lacks fan blades, instead using a motor to generate air. This type of fan is safer to use as there is no risk of getting hair or clothing caught in the fan blades. If you’re looking for a leafless hanging neck fan, we recommend the RUINUOKAI portable hanging neck fan.
- Rechargeable Neck Fans: These devices are great for users who want to use their fans on a regular basis and don’t want to worry about battery life beyond plugging it in for the day, and they are becoming increasingly popular because they are very convenient to use. Rechargeable neck fans have a small battery pack that can be charged via USB just like your phone or other portable devices. If you’re looking for a rechargeable neck fan, we recommend the JISULIFE portable bladeless neck fan.
- Battery Operated Neck Fans: These devices are the most traditional type of neck air conditioner and have been around for many years. Battery-operated neck fans use AA or AAA batteries to power the small fan unit. These devices tend to be less expensive than rechargeable or plug-in models, but you will need to keep an eye on battery life and have replacement batteries on hand if you plan to use them for long periods of time. If you’re looking for a battery operated neck fan, we recommend the O2COOL Battery-Powered Necklace Fan.
- Mini Neck Fans: These devices are another great addition to the neck air conditioner market, and they are becoming increasingly popular because of their small size and portability. Mini neck fans are about the size of a keychain fob and can be easily attached to a purse, backpack, or key ring. They use a small battery to power the fan, which means they can last a lot longer. If you’re looking for a mini neck fan, we recommend the JISULIFE Mini Fan.
- Necklace Fans: Another great type of neck fan to consider is the necklace fan. Necklace fans have a small fan unit that is attached to a lanyard or chain, which is then worn around the neck. The fan hangs down in front of the user and can be used to blow air directly onto their skin. Many necklace fans also have a small clip that allows them to be attached to clothing, so they can blow air onto the skin even when the user is moving around. If you’re looking for a necklace fan, we recommend the O2COOL Deluxe Necklace Fan.
There are many different types of neck air conditioners on the market, and each has its own unique set of benefits and drawbacks. Before making a purchase, it’s important to understand the differences between these devices so you can choose the one that is best for you.
How does a Neck Air Conditioner work?
Neck air conditioners work by using a small fan unit to blow air directly onto the skin. This air can help to cool the user down on hot days or when they are feeling overheated.
Bladed neck fans work by using a small motor to spin fan blades, which create a vortex of cool air. This air is then directed toward the user. Bladeless neck fans also use a small motor to create a vortex of air, but they force air out of vents in their casing and don’t have any exposed blades that can get tangled up in loose fabric or hair.
Some neck air conditioners also have features like a light or a misting system that can help to improve the user’s comfort.
What to Consider when buying a neck fan
When it comes to staying cool, there’s no hotter trend than neck fans. These devices are a great way to keep your body temperature down without the need for air conditioning or lightweight clothing. But with so many different types of neck fans on the market, how do you know which one is right for you? Here are some things to consider before making a purchase:
When choosing a neck air conditioner, the first thing to consider is the cooling power. While all models are designed for personal use, some are more powerful than others, meaning they’ll offer more reprieve from the summer heat. If you live in a particularly hot climate or are looking for extra cooling power, opt for a neck air conditioner with multiple speed settings.
The next thing to consider is the size of the device. If you plan on using it for long periods of time or if you want to be able to move around freely while wearing it, then a smaller device may be a better option. However, if you’re only going to be using it for short periods of time or want powerful cooling functionality, then a larger neck air conditioner with a stronger motor may be a better choice.
Another important consideration is the type of fan. Bladed fans can create a strong airflow but may also be more likely to get tangled in hair or clothing. Bladeless fans are a safer option but don’t always create as strong of an airflow.
The next item to consider is the battery life. When it comes to battery life, most neck air conditioners will run for around 4-16 hours on a full charge. If you plan on using the device for long periods of time, make sure to choose one with a long battery life or that can be plugged into an outlet. Some USB fans can run even when they’re plugged in, so you can bring a portable battery to plug your fan in. Others run off of external batteries, so you only need to ensure you’ve packed your double-As or triple-As before you head out the door.
Finally, take a look at the overall design of the fan. Some models are designed to be worn around the neck like a necklace and can keep your hands free, while others can be clipped onto clothing. Consider how you’ll be using the device and choose a style that’s comfortable for you.
Reviews of best neck Fans:
Arctic Air Neck Fan
Is the heat getting to you? Don’t suffer in silence, the Arctic Air Neck Fan is here to help! This personal air cooler is perfect for on-the-go, delivering cool, crisp air whenever you need it. Simply slip it around your neck, turn it on, and enjoy a refreshing breeze. The compact and lightweight design makes it easy to take with you wherever you go, and the USB rechargeable battery means you can enjoy hours of cooling power. Whether you’re at the beach, hiking, or just working in a hot office, the Arctic Air Neck Fan is the perfect way to stay cool and comfortable all day long.
The Arctic Air Neck Fan can be bought on Amazon, the Arctic Air website, Target, or several other online retailers.
- Leafless design is sleek and streamlined with no risk of tangling hair or clothes in the fan blades
- Rechargeable, so it’s easy to keep using all day
- Long battery life of up to 6-10 hours
- 3 fan speeds to help you stay cool no matter the temperature
- Battery life may not last very long on higher settings
- May need to be secured into place to avoid slipping
Jisulife Neck Fan
Introducing the Jisulife Neck Fan! This incredible little gadget is perfect for hot summer days, or any time you need a personal cooling system. With 78 air outlets around the neck, it provides enough airflow to keep you cool and comfortable all day long. And it’s ultra-light, only 9.1 ounces, so it won’t strain your neck. It also has three speed settings and can run for up to 16 hours on a single charge. Plus, it comes with a warranty, so you can be confident in your purchase.
The Jisulife neck fan can be bought on Amazon, the Jisulife store, WalMart, or other online retailers.
- Battery lasts for up to 16 hours
- 3 fan speeds to keep you cool at any temperature
- Easy-to-use controls
- Slightly bulky design
Torras Neck Fan
If you’re looking for a way to keep cool this summer, look no further than the Torras neck fan. This powerful little device uses Ku Peltier technology to deliver a cooling sensation that will refresh your entire body in seconds. The 3D airflow design provides 36 vents for an immersive cooling experience, and the fan will last up to 8 hours on a single charge. Whether you’re spending a day at the beach or just trying to beat the heat, the Torras neck fan is the perfect solution.
The Torras neck fan can be bought on Amazon, the Torras online store, or through other online retailers.
- Comes with a unique cooling plate for the back of the neck to help refresh you instantly
- Leafless fan blades keep you cool without tangling in your hair
- Uses a high-speed USB-C charger port
- Sleek, fashionable design
- On the expensive side
- Battery doesn’t last very long on the highest fan speeds
O2Cool Neck Fan
Looking for a reliable and easy-to-use neck fan? Look no further than the O2Cool neck fan! This handy little fan is perfect for keeping you cool and comfortable in hot weather, with a powerful vertical air vent that ensures you always have a refreshing breeze blowing on your face. The fan also comes with an adjustable lanyard, so you can wear it around your neck for hands-free use. Plus, the compact design means you can easily take it with you wherever you go. Best of all, this fan has a 4-pack offering, which is a great value for the money. So don’t wait any longer, grab yourself an O2Cool neck fan today!
The O2Cool neck fan can be bought on Amazon, the O2Cool web store, or from select other online retailers.
- Hangs off a lanyard instead of on your neck, giving it a more traditional appearance
- Comes in a number of fun colors
- Uses AA batteries instead of a rechargeable cord
- Have to hold it up to get the full cooling effect
OPolar Neck Fan
If you’re looking for a powerful and stylish neck fan, look no further than the OPolar Neck Fan. This innovative fan is designed to keep you cool and comfortable all day long, with long working time and 360° rotation for the perfect airflow. The sleek and trendy design is perfect for any style, and the quiet motor won’t disturb you while you’re working or relaxing. Whether you’re at the office or out on a hot day, the OPolar Neck Fan will help you stay cool and refreshed all day long.
The OPolar neck fan can be bought on Amazon or on the OPolar online store.
- Incredibly long battery life of up to 48 hours; fully charges in 5 hours
- Fans are highly positionable, making them easy to configure to keep you cool
- Exposed fan blades can get caught in hair or clothing
- Exposed fan blades can get caught in hair or clothing
- A number of knockoffs on the market make it harder to buy the right brand
Gaiatop Neck Fan
Introducing the Gaiatop neck fan! This powerful little fan is perfect for keeping you cool on those hot summer days. With 48 air outlets and 3 speed settings, you can customize the airflow to suit your needs. The low-current, high-efficiency motor issafe to use and produces no heat, making it ideal for long-term wear. Best of all, the Gaiatop neck fan comes with a 100 satisfaction guarantee, so you can buy with confidence. Keep cool and comfortable all summer long with the Gaiatop neck fan!
The GaiaTop neck fan can be bought through Amazon or other select retailers, but GaiaTop does not have their own online store at this point.
- Offers 3 speeds for maximum comfort
- Leafless design is compact and makes it easy to keep your hair out of the way
- Rechargeable via USB charger
- On the loud side
- Not buyable through a Gaiatop storefront
Neck Fan FAQs
Neck fans are an excellent method to keep your body temperature low without the need for air conditioning or cool clothing. However, you may have a lot of questions before you buy your first neck fan, and we’ve put together this FAQ to help answer them before you make your purchase.
How long does a neck fan last?
Most neck fans will last for around 10-16 hours on a full charge if you use them on a lower setting. On a higher setting, they’ll probably last 3-4 hours. If you intend to use this gadget for lengthy periods of time, opt for one with a long battery life or replaceable batteries.
How to turn on a neck fan?
To turn on a neck fan, you’ll usually need to press and hold a power button on the device to get it started. Others will have a switch, while others still may have an app their neck fan is integrated with. It varies from device to device, so make sure you check before you buy. Once it’s turned on, you can adjust the speed by using the buttons on the fan itself (if it has multiple speeds), or by using an app on your phone (if it has one). Read the instructions that came with your fan in order to understand how to set it up.
How to use a neck fan?
If you have a neck air conditioner, there are a few things you need to keep in mind in order to use it safely and effectively. Here are some tips:
- When using a neck fan, always make sure the fan is directed towards your face so it’s less likely to get caught in something. If the fan has multiple speed settings, start with the lowest setting and increase the speed as needed.
- Be careful not to get the fan too close to your eyes, as the air flow can cause irritation.
- If you have long hair, tie it back before using the neck fan to avoid tangling.
- If you’re using the fan for a prolonged period of time, take breaks every so often to move around and give your neck a rest.
- Just because you’re using a fan doesn’t mean you’re immune to overheating. If you start to feel hot or sweaty, take the neck fan off, drink water, and take a break in a cooler area.
- When you’re finished using the fan, make sure to turn it off and unplug it from any power source. If the fan is battery-operated, remove the batteries to prevent them from leaking.
How to charge a neck fan
Most neck fans come with a charging cable that can be plugged into a standard USB port. Once the fan is plugged in, it will usually start charging automatically. However, if you have a neck fan that uses replaceable batteries, the fan won’t need to be charged. Instead, you’ll need to keep a supply of batteries on hand to change out as they die.
How long does it take to charge a neck fan?
The length of time it takes to charge a neck fan varies from device to device. Some neck fans that have shorter battery lives may only take a short time to charge, while longer-lasting ones or ones with lower-quality charging cables could take up to a few hours. If battery life is a concern for your fan, pack a portable battery to recharge it with, or consider investing in a fan that uses replaceable batteries.
So, if you’re looking for a way to beat the heat and stay cool, a neck air conditioner may be the perfect solution for you. We’ve provided some information on the different types of neck air conditioners as well as some recommended models, so be sure to check them out. And if you have any other questions about these products, don’t hesitate to reach out to us. Stay cool!