The Medline Ultralight Freedom is one of the lightest rollator walkers on the market. It’s very adjustable, has a soft seat, and can go just about anywhere. It’s also relatively inexpensive, making it a perfect choice for many seniors. If you need a rollator walker for balance, recovery, or to rest while walking, the Medline Ultralight Freedom is almost certain to provide what you need!
Review of: Medline Ultralight Freedom Walker
Please click image for more info
What We Like:
- Adjustable arm & seat height
- Easy to assemble
- Stable design
What We Don’t Like:
- Low weight capacity
- Smaller wheels
- Tight fit in some indoors
Our Conclusion: The Medline Ultralight Freedom rollator walker is an extremely versatile and easy to use rollator. It’s perfect for seniors of all heights, due to the adjustable seat and handlebars.
Features of Medline Ultralight Freedom Rolling Walker
Adjustable Arms and Seat
Most rollators come with handlebars that can be adjusted, but rarely does the seat of the rollator do the same. Both the seat and the handlebars on the Medline Ultralight Freedom are easy to adjust, making it perfect for any senior who finds other rollators uncomfortable.
The seat can be as low as 18 inches and as high as 23 inches. This ensures that, no matter how tall or short you are, you can sit comfortably with your feet touching the floor. It also prevents you from having to stoop so low to sit that your knees or back will hurt.
But, that’s not all- raising the seat height raises the height of the entire rollator. So, not only do taller or shorter users get a more comfortable seating position, they get a rollator that’s more suited to their standing position as well. Because of this, and the height-adjustable handlebars, the Medline Ultralight Freedom is perfect for users of all heights, even up to 6’6”!
Sometimes, a word like “ultralight” is just a buzz word that’s attached to a rather boring product. This rollator, though, is much lighter than just about every 4-wheel rollator (and most 3-wheel rollators) on the market! At a weight of just 11 pounds, it’s very easy to walk with, steer, and pick up for storage. After all, you want a rollator that makes things easier, not more difficult! Having one of the lightest rollators available will keep you moving, hassle-free! This kind of simple maneuverability is a huge benefit to people who want to retain walking freedom, such as Parkinson’s patients.
Soft Seat and Backrest
They may not be anything fancy, but the seat and backrest on the Ultralight Freedom are still high-quality and comfortable. The padding will feel soft but won’t easily wear out. This is a big plus for people looking to get a rollator for long-term everyday use, rather than only for short-term recovery use.
Folds Completely Flat
Simply hit two buttons on the frame of the rollator, and it will fold flat for easy storage. You can tuck it next to your chair, in your car, or anywhere else. This is a great feature for people who want a walker that won’t get in their way!
Spacious Under-Seat Storage
Having a good amount of storage space is a huge benefit for many seniors. Whether you need to carry an oxygen tank or other medical device, or you like to be out of the house for extended periods, storage space is key to meeting your needs. This rollator only has one space to store belongings- under the seat- but it’s roomy enough that you’ll rarely run out of space.
Specifications of Medline Ultralight Freedom Rolling Walker
- Frame Material: Aluminum
- Weight of Rollator: 11 Pounds
- Weight Capacity: 250 Pounds
- Adjustable Arm Height? Yes
- Adjustable Seat Height? Yes
- Width Between Handles: 17”
- Seat Height: 18-23”
- Handlebar Height: 29-36”
Video Overview of Medline Ultralight Freedom Rolling Walker
Pros and Cons of Medline Ultralight Freedom Rolling Walker
- Adjustable Arm and Seat Height: This is one of the best features of the Medline Ultralight Freedom. Only on the rarest of occasions will a person find that they cannot fit comfortably on this rollator walker. If you’ve found other rollators too tall or too short, this might be the option that finally satisfies!
- Only 11 Pounds: A very strong but very lightweight construction makes this one of the lightest and easiest to maneuver rollators on the market. It’s less than half the weight of other rollators with similar size and features, but can still hold 250 pounds!
- Easy Assembly: the instructions are simple, and assembly is intuitive. Couple that with the lightweight design, and you’ve got a rollator walker that almost anyone can assemble by themselves!
- Stable Design: Many rollators tend to tip or slide out from underneath the user when they put all their weight on the handlebars. Not so for the Ultralight Freedom; you can rest your entire weight on it and trust that it will hold you! That kind of assistance is a huge benefit of rollator walkers for people with poor balance!
- Low Weight Capacity: 250 pounds should be enough to hold most users, but it’s fit for everyone. Ideally, a rollator would hold 300+ pounds. This won’t matter for some but could be an important consideration for others.
- Smaller Wheels: Again, there is nothing wrong with the wheels per se, they just simply aren’t large enough to be perfect. 6-inch wheels are great for most indoor and outdoor uses, but hard to use in tall grass or rocky terrain.
- Tight fit in some doors: The overall width of the walker is 24 inches, but that can make it a bit tough to get through some doorways. This will not be an issue for most people, but it is worth mentioning!
Who the Medline Ultralight Freedom is Best For?
The Medline Ultralight Freedom is perfect for people who have been let down by rollators that were too tall, too short, or too heavy. The ultralight design makes it perfect for many people who cannot lift a heavy rollator due to surgeries, injury, or muscle weakness. The seat and handlebars can adjust to fit just about any user’s comfort. It’s great for taking on walks, shopping trips, and more because of the lightness and maneuverability.
This is a very versatile walker that should meet most people’s needs. Unless you need a higher weight capacity or require lots of extra storage, the Medline Ultralight Freedom should be something everyone considers!
Since no rollator walker is a “one-size-fits-all” solution, it’s helpful to see what else is out there. Below, you’ll find three rollators that have common features, but have other strengths and benefits you may enjoy:
The Empower is a great choice for a variety of people, especially those who need premium comfort. The memory foam seat and backrest are extremely comfortable, which is great for people who need to rest frequently while walking, such as COPD patients.
Also, it’s got 8-inch wheels that give seniors the ability to tackle just about any terrain. It has great balance, a benefit for many seniors!
A unique benefit the Empower provides is the lift-up seat. If you need to access a counter or sink, just lift the seat up, and you can get to that counter without having to step outside the protection of your rollator! If you’re looking for a rollator that provides a bit more comfort than the Medline Ultralight freedom, this might be it! Keep in mind, though, that you’ll be trading comfort for 6 extra pounds on your rollator!
Just like the name implies, this is a very basic rollator; however, it has some great benefits some seniors may find valuable. First, it has a very high weight capacity- 350 pounds- that is owed to the strong steel frame.
Second, although steel is a much heavier material than aluminum, this rollator only weighs 19 pounds. Compare that to the 23-25 pound weight of some aluminum rollators, and you’ll see that this rollator does a great job of staying on the lighter side.
If you’re looking for an extremely strong and inexpensive rollator for short-term use, or you know that you don’t need anything fancy, this is a great rollator that will save you more than a few pennies!
This model from Nova is very easy to use and comes in a range of different seat height options. The greatest strength this walker has over the Medline Ultralight Freedom is that it has 8-inch wheels made of spongy rubber. This makes it perfect for uneven outdoor use, such as on gravel, dirt, and tall grass.
It is, though, more expensive than it should be; it doesn’t have many more features than the Ultralight Freedom, yet it costs over 30% more.
Still, for people who know they’ll be outdoors often, and might need a higher weight capacity (300 pounds) this is a great, long-lasting rollator you’ll get a lot out of.
On top of all that, you get a limited lifetime warranty and a 5-year full warranty for the brakes. This is a huge benefit for people who need a rollator for long-term everyday use; if anything breaks, you know you’ve got a solid warranty to keep you covered!
It’s great for indoor and outdoor use, and will be able to go with you just about anywhere! If you’re looking for an inexpensive and convenient rollator walker, you’ll be hard-pressed to find a better option than the Ultralight freedom!
Medline Ultralight Freedom Rolling Walker (Click image for more info)