If you're looking for free medical equipment for seniors in New Mexico, you’re in the right place!
This page is a complete resource for free medical equipment for the elderly in the state of New Mexico.
Check out the resources below, and if you have a resource to add, please contact us!
Map of Free Medical Equipment in New Mexico
List of Free Medical Equipment in New Mexico
NMTAP has devices/software that can be borrowed on a short term basis for individuals with disabilities through the Device Loan Program.
The Device Loan library is designed for individuals with disabilities and professionals assisting them, to provide an opportunity to borrow equipment from the Device Loan Program. Device loans can serve as a trial of equipment prior to purchasing, a temporary replacement of a device in repair, or a short term accommodation allowing independent completion of activities in daily school, work, or home life.
- 1NMTAP is now available to schedule in person services by appointment only at our main office located in downtown Albuquerque.
We are now offering curbside pick-up and drop-off of device loans.
Shipping of device loans is still available for all individuals who are not in the Albuquerque area.
The Device Loan Bank is housed primarily at the main office in Albuquerque, but our NEREC and WNMU partners also maintain equipment libraries.
Loans of equipment are made on a first come, first served basis for a period of 30 days. Borrowed items must be returned at the end of the loan period.
Adelante was founded in Albuquerque, New Mexico in 1978. Our primary service area is central New Mexico including Bernalillo and Valencia Counties though many of our services are available statewide.
BackInUse (BIU) is a community partner of New Mexico Technology Assistance Program (NMTAP)'s Device Reutilization Program.
Back in Use recycles assistive devices and gives them away to people with disabilities and seniors in need of wheelchairs, walkers, hospital beds and more. Back in Use provides the equipment free of charge to the end user. All durable medical equipment is inspected, cleaned, and sanitized before it is distributed
- 1Due to Covid-19, we are taking donations by appointment only at this time. Please call us at 505.341.7171 to make an appointment. Thank you!
- 2If you have a new request for equipment, call 505.445.5332.
- 3BackInUse is located within GiveABQ at 1520 1st St NW in a large blue building.
Coming Home Connection does our best to help people who are negotiating the challenges of ill health and old age.
Coming Home Connection receive donations of new and gently used medical equipment ranging from walkers and wheelchairs to disposable underwear and surgical gloves. All items are donated free for the asking, with the understanding that the recipient will pass the gift forward in good condition when they no longer need it.
- 2Shower chair;
- 3Bed rails;
- 6Unused supplies (pull-ups, gloves).
- 1Call (505-988-2468) to arrange a donation.
- 2Call us to make an appointment to bring your clean and functional equipment (commode; shower chair; bed rails; wheelchair; walker; etc.) or unused supplies (pull-ups, gloves, …) to our storage space in the Design Center.
They donate the medical equipment that still can be used to other charities.