If you’re trying to buy a new mobility scooter, you may feel overwhelmed by the wealth of information online. Many of the models look similar, so it can be difficult to distinguish the small details. If you want to learn more about the Pride Victory scooter, you’ve come to the right place!
The Pride Victory Mobility Scooter is a heavy-duty 3-wheel scooter with excellent battery life and an ergonomic design. It also disassembles easily. However, it has a restrictively large turning radius and is unsuitable for outdoor driving. It may also be unaffordable to some people.
In this Pride Victory mobility scooter review guide, we look at the pros and cons of this mobility aid. We compare it to the competition and discuss all of the features. Overall, we help you decide if this vehicle can fit your needs.
Review of: Pride Victory Mobility Scooter
Please click image for more info
What We Like:
- Long battery life
- Feather touch disassembly
- Bright LED
- Adjustable seat & tiller
What We Don’t Like:
- Not suitable for rough/bumpy surfaces
Our Conclusion: The Pride Victory Mobility Scooter could be an excellent option if you are looking for heavy-duty support and remarkable battery life. However, it does not have the best maneuverability for a 3-wheel scooter.
Specifications of the Pride Victory Mobility Scooter
Pride Victory Mobility Scooter
Red and black or blue and black
133 pounds (60.3kg)
400 pounds (181.4kg)
Number of wheels
10 inches (25.4cm)
Type of tiller
Delta tiller with wraparound handles
U1 or 40AH
16 miles (25.7km)
42 inches (106.7cm)
Pros and Cons of the Pride Victory Mobility Scooter
There are a few different pros and cons of the Pride Victory:
- It is heavy-duty and has a high weight capacity.
- The scooter has long battery life.
- It has a faster than average maximum speed.
- The Delta tiller puts minimal strain on the wrists.
- It features feather-touch disassembly.
- There is a bright LED at the front of the vehicle.
- You can adjust the seat and the tiller.
- It has a sleek and attractive aesthetic.
- It has a reasonably large turning radius for a 3-wheel scooter.
- The tires are not suitable for rough or bumpy surfaces.
- The price is towards the higher end of the mid-range.
Features of the Pride Victory Scooter
You have two battery options with the Pride Victory scooter. You can either use U1 or 40AH packs, allowing you to choose the best option for you. Both types go inside the tiller, where you can charge the scooter directly.
This mobility vehicle has excellent battery life. You can drive continuously for 16 miles (25.7km) at 5.3mph (8.5kmph). If you’re looking for long-distance driving and decent speed, this could be a viable option.
This scooter has a Delta tiller with wraparound handles. This design puts minimal strain on the wrists and fingers. Therefore, it is a comfortable option if you have carpal tunnel, tendinitis, or any weakness in your hands.
The Pride Victory also has a comfortable padded seat with eight different points of swiveling. This design feature allows you to turn comfortably and drive safely with maximum visibility. There is also plenty of legroom inside the scooter.
The scooter has a standard braking system that you control from the tiller. You don’t need much strength to operate the brakes, so it is a secure setup. The vehicle also has LEDs at the front to illuminate the path and increase your visibility.
The Delta tiller has an adjustment knob that allows you to easily change the height of the handlebars. You can also slide the seat backward and forward to accommodate your legs. However, you cannot adjust the size of the chair.
The Pride Victory is an excellent bariatric 3-wheel scooter. It can support up to 400 pounds (181.4kg) of weight, significantly higher than the average. If you’ve been looking for a heavy-duty vehicle, this might be the correct option for you.
The scooter has a relatively large turning radius of 42 inches (106.7cm). Therefore, you should be mindful of narrow indoor spaces. You may need to adjust your furniture if you want to use the vehicle inside the house.
It is also not suitable for outdoor driving. The lightweight tires roll smoothly on surfaces like concrete, but you will feel all the bumps on dirt or grass.
The Pride Victory has a folding seat and also breaks down with a feather-touch disassembly system. You can use one hand to separate the pieces, making it a great portable option if you are limited on space.
The scooter has a standard storage basket in front of the tiller. This container can hold shopping or other personal items while you drive. You also have two color options with this vehicle: red or blue with a black interior.
Video Overview of Pride Victory Mobility Scooter
Who Should Buy the Pride Victory Mobility Scooter?
Someone Who Struggles to Walk Long Distances
If you have mobility problems or live with fatigue, it may strain you to walk long distances. Mobility scooters can assist by transporting you from place to place. You only need the strength to stand up and down from the scooter, and the vehicle does the rest.
Someone Who Needs Extra Support
If you are too heavy for regular mobility scooters, then you may need a bariatric model. Thankfully, the Pride Victory is heavy-duty and can support a much higher weight. Therefore, you don’t need to worry about breaking the vehicle or tipping it over.
Someone Who Moves Around a Lot
If you like to drive long distances, you may feel frustrated with the short battery life of many mobility scooters. The Pride Victory has a higher than average battery life and allows you to ride for an entire day if needed.
It is also an excellent portable option. You can separate the vehicle into different pieces for storage or transport. If you are going on holiday or simply need to drive in your car to the mall, this feature can save you space and stress.
Someone Who Drives Mostly Inside
Because of its smooth tires and lack of suspension, the Pride Victory is not well suited to outdoor driving. You may feel the bumpy surfaces hard, potentially causing pain or destabilizing you.
However, the scooter performs well inside, particularly on smooth surfaces like concrete, floorboards, or tiles. If you plan to use your scooter in your house, the hospital, the mall, or similar places, then it should serve you well.
Pride Victory Mobility Scooter Resources
- Product Manual: Victory Series Owner’s Manual
- Replacement Parts Site: Southwest Medical Replacement Parts
- Troubleshooting: Page 37 of the Owner’s Manual
The Pride Celebrity X Mobility Scooter is another 3-wheel scooter at a slightly higher price point. Let’s see the differences between the two models:
- Battery: The Celebrity X uses similar batteries but has a longer battery life. It can travel up to 17 miles (27.4km) at 6mph (9.7kmph). Therefore, it is faster and longer-lasting than the Victory model.
- Comfort: Both models have an ergonomic tiller and a comfortable seat with padding.
- Safety features: Each model has similar safety features, with rearview mirrors, LED light, and a reliable braking system. However, the Celebrity X is faster, so you may need to drive with more caution.
- Adjustability: Both mobility scooters offer the same adjustable features.
- Durability: The Victory is significantly more heavy-duty. The Celebrity X can only support a maximum of 350 pounds (158.8kg).
- Versatility: The Celebrity X has a smaller turning radius of 41.5 inches (105.4cm). Therefore, it can maneuver in tighter spaces. It also has rear suspension, so it can handle bumpy surfaces more easily than the Victory scooter.
- Portability: Both scooters break down for easy transport. However, the Celebrity X also has a tiller rotation lock, which lets you use it as a carry handle. This feature can make it faster to pack and unpack the vehicle from your car.
- Extra features: Both scooters have a carry basket. You can get either in red or blue, but the Celebrity X is also available in a champagne color.
The Pride Victory is a more heavy-duty model. However, the Celebrity X has better battery life, a faster motor, more versatility, and better portability. It also only costs a little bit more.
Gareth Owen’s Pride Victory Mobility Scooter Review
Pride Victory Mobility Scooter Review Conclusion
In conclusion, the Pride Victory Mobility scooter could be the right choice for you if you are looking for independence, comfort, and support. It allows you to navigate indoor environments for long periods and at moderate speed.
Compared to the Pride Celebrity X Mobility Scooter, the Victory is more heavy-duty but lacks versatility and battery life. You should consider your priorities when deciding which model is better for you.
Pride Victory Mobility Scooter (Click image for more info)