Looking for the best place for mobility scooter repair?
Heavy use of a mobility scooter puts a lot of wear on the batteries, tires, and motors, leading many seniors to wonder where they need to go to have their scooter repaired. This guide to mobility scooter repair will give you all the info you need to get your scooter back on the road, on the sidewalk, or in the mall soon!
Mobility Scooter Repair Near Me
Find a Contractor on Angi
Formerly known as Angi’s List, Angi is the number one place to find people to work on your home, car, and more. Customers can share very honest and transparent reviews, and you can communicate with repair shops from within the website or Angi app for added security. Plus, every Angi listing is localized to your city!
Hire a Handyman from Handy
Handy is the handyman’s version of Uber, Instacart, and Doordash. It’s a website and app that lets you request service for just about anything – including a mobility scooter. Handymen from your region (who have passed background checks) will review your request and respond if they can help. It’s a very easy way to get odd jobs like mobility scooter repair taken care of!
While no repair shop or medical supply store has grown to the level of a national brand, there are still mom-and-pop stores in every corner of the country. Here are a few ways you can locate a store in your area that will service your mobility scooter:
- Ask around with friends and neighbors who also use mobility scooters to see if they know a repair shop close by.
- Call your scooter’s manufacturer and ask them to point you to the nearest certified scooter technicians.
- Call a lawnmower or powersports store that sells similar products that run on electric motors and ask them if they have a service department that would take a look at your scooter.
When you find a shop that’ll take a look at your scooter, all you have to do is bring it in and wait!
Pride Mobility Scooter Repair Near Me
The easiest way to have your Pride Mobility scooter repaired is by dialing the number on your scooter’s warranty (800-800-4258) and speaking with a representative. They’ll be able to tell you about repair shops in your area that will know how to help you. Even better, if your warranty is still active, you can likely have the repairs paid for by Pride Mobility!
How to Find a Reputable Scooter Repair Shop
- Transparent Pricing: If the repair shop you’re talking to isn’t willing to give you solid numbers for your repair, it might be a good idea to look elsewhere. It isn’t hard for a repair shop to tell you the cost of parts + labor, even if they aren’t exactly sure how many hours the repair will take!
- Knowledgeable Staff: Ask the clerk if the shop has experience with other scooters or similar products like ATVs, electric bikes, and other small vehicles. If they don’t, it’s not an immediate red flag, but you may not want to trust your scooter to a repairman who’s never opened one up before!
- Money-Back Guarantees: It’s not unheard of for a shady repair shop to accept a project, pretend to work on it, and then return it unfixed while still charging you for labor. Check the Better Business Bureau to see if there are any active complaints against that shop. If you find a complaint, stay away!
How to Repair a Mobility Scooter – Videos
Mobility Scooter Repair Manuals
- Pride Mobility Victory Scooter Manual
- Pride Mobility Destiny Scooter Manual
- Pride Mobility Go-Go Elite Scooter Manual
- Drive Scout Mobility Scooter Manual
- Drive Medical Phoenix (3 and 4-Wheel) Scooter Manual
- Drive Medical Titan Owner’s Manual
- Drive Medical Bobcat Repair Manual
Golden, unlike most mobility scooter manufacturers, has an organized webpage that lets you access the owner’s manual for every scooter they make! You can access that complete list here, and some of the top Golden Technology scooter manuals below:
- Golden Technologies Buzzaround Lite Manual
- Golden Technologies Compass HD Manual
- Golden Technologies Patriot Scooter Manual
- EWheels EW-46 Scooter Manual
- EWheels EW-M34 Mobility Scooter Manual
- EWheels EW-36 Mobility Scooter Manual
- EWheels EW-32 Mobility Scooter Manual
You can access every Shoprider scooter manual on this page, and manuals for the top models are listed below:
- Shoprider Echo 3 Mobility Scooter Manual
- Shoprider Hero Mobility Scooter Manual
- Shoprider Cooper Scooter Manual
- Vive Health 3-Wheel Scooter Manual
- Vive Health 4-Wheel Scooter Manual
- Vive Health Folding Mobility Scooter Manual
And that’s all there is to it! Getting your mobility scooter isn’t always simple, but it is always worth it. You can cash in on the warranty, find a repair shop, and even do repairs yourself. No matter what repair method you choose, though, it’s important to fix your scooter as soon as you know there’s an issue. That way, you never put your health or safety at risk!