If you're looking for free medical equipment for seniors in Nevada, you’re in the right place!
This page is a complete resource for free medical equipment for the elderly in the state of Nevada.
Check out the resources below, and if you have a resource to add, please contact us!
Map of Free Medical Equipment in Nevada
List of Free Medical Equipment in Nevada
The NATRC is based at the University of Nevada Reno’s Nevada Center for Excellence in Disabilities (NCED). The NATRC provides statewide services as part of the Nevada Assistive Technology Collaborative (NATC).
The NATC offers short-term device loans statewide. The NATC has a wide variety of AT available from low tech to high tech.
- 1The NATRC is housed at the Nevada Center for Excellence in Disabilities (NCED), located in the William Raggio Building (Building # 080) on the campus of the University of Reno. The NATRC offices are on the fourth floor, Room WRB 4090. (Note: Offices will be opening in Las Vegas soon.)
CARE Chest is a Northern Nevada nonprofit agency serving individuals in need by providing medical resources, free of charge.
Nevada Assistive Technology Collaborative's community partner CARE Chest of Sierra Nevada has maintained a robust equipment-reuse program for nearly 30 years.
Durable medical equipment is loaned for as long as it is needed, and one-time use supplies can be re-ordered monthly for clients who qualify.
- 2Shower and commode seats,
- 3Transfer benches and other bathroom safety items;
- 4Hospital-style beds,
- 6Electric wheelchairs and other mobility items;
- 7Diabetic testing supplies, including test strips and lancets;
- 8Syringes for diabetic clients who use insulin;
- 9Ostomy/colostomy supplies,
- 10Incontinence protection (adult diapers and Pull-Ups);
- 11Ensure, Glucerna and Carnation Instant breakfast for their Medical Nutrition Program.
- 1If clients do not qualify because their monthly income is too high, they may enroll in Club CARE Chest for an annual $50 fee to have access to DME.
- 2Sometimes their stock of certain items, like crutches, exceeds the needs of our clients. We cannot accept respiratory equipment or prescription medications of any kind.
- 3For questions about CARE Chest donations, please call their office at 775-829-2273.
Established in 2002 by Favil West and Chuck Davis, the Foundation Assisting Seniors' (FAS) mission is to assist seniors in times of illness, recovery, confinement at home.
The Foundation Assisting Seniors maintains and delivers an inventory of durable medical equipment for a short-term loan to seniors throughout the Southern Nevada Community. All equipment is cleaned, disinfected, and sanitized with Microshield 360.
- 1Canes and crutches,
- 2Walkers and wheelchairs,
- 3Portable oxygen concentrators,
- 4Shower chairs,
- 6Scooters, knee walkers,
- 7Hospital beds,
- 8Electric wheelchairs,
- 9Lift chairs, Hoyer lifts,
- 1To request any of these items, please call us at (725) 244-4200 or email FASsca@coxbusiness.net.
- 2The Foundation also accepts like-new or new durable medical equipment. Please contact us at 725.244.4200 or FASsca@coxbusiness.net and provide a description of the item.
Free program to families with children ages birth - 3. The goal of the program is to ensure young deaf and hard of hearing (D/HH) children have access to hearing devices, un-biased parent-to-parent
support and early intervention services in a timely fashion. This program aims to assist in the journey of parenting a D/HH child so they may reach developmentally appropriate speech & verbal language goals.
- 1Since its birth in 2009 over 3,000 non-insured and low income patients have been served through our Medical and dental clinics.. The clinic provides these types of services at no financial charge to these patients however; patients seen at our clinics are expected to pay it forward by doing something good for someone else in the community.
The patient must write what they did and send it back to Operation H.O.P.E., Inc within 30 days of their visit.
- 1Discount Medical DME and Discount Medical Supplies.
There are absolutely No Refunds on all Medical Equipment and Mobility Products including Scooters, Power Wheelchairs, Lift Chairs, Wheelchairs, Walkers, Rollators Walkers and Oxygen Concentrators.
All proceeds from our charitable gifts, donations, sales and services support our sick/disabled adults, at risk youth and emergency relief programs.