If you're looking for free medical equipment for seniors in Louisiana, you’re in the right place!
This page is a complete resource for free medical equipment for the elderly in the state of Louisiana.
Check out the resources below, and if you have a resource to add, please contact us!
Map of Free Medical Equipment in Louisiana
List of Free Medical Equipment in Louisiana
Louisiana Assistive Technology Access Network (LATAN) is the federal Assistive Technology ACT program for Louisiana. Working throughout all of Louisiana, LATAN assists residents of all ages with
disabilities or functional limitations in gaining independence at home, at work, and at school through the use of assistive technology.
The AT Marketplace is a device reuse program for Assistive Technology (AT) users. The AT Marketplace online database allows users to browse our current inventory, and offers many gently used devices in all functional categories (i.e. mobility, vision, hearing, work/computer, etc.) available by open-ended loans free to consumers.
Clients also have the option of listing their AT for sale, or of donating assistive technology devices to LATAN to be posted on the AT Marketplace. AT Marketplace users also have the option of keeping the devices in their possession and listing them for free or for sale.
- 1Daily living,
- 2Environmental adaptations,
- 6Computer access,
- 7Learning, speech/communication,
- 8Transportation (modified vehicles).
- 1If you require assistance obtaining an item in our inventory, or would like to list an item currently in your possession, please contact LATAN at email@example.com or by phone at (225) 925-9500.
- 2Any Louisiana resident with a disability or functional limitation, organizations that work with those residents, or employers of those residents are eligible to use LATAN’s Device Loan Program. For a small fee, devices may be borrowed for thirty-five (35) days.
A local and independent nonprofit, Cancer Services opened in 1959 to serve the tangible needs of people living with cancer in Greater Baton Rouge.
Cancer Services provides medical equipment and supplies to our clients at no charge. We provide the supplies and equipment listed below and accept donations of these items.
- 1To find out more information or to make a donation, please contact us at (225) 927-2273.
- 1They have 3 locations across their 20 parish region in: Lafayette, Lake Charles and Leesville.
GREEN is an acronym for “Giving Recycled/Reusable Equipment for Everyday Needs.” GREEN is for consumers who are in need of equipment such as manual
wheelchairs, power wheelchairs, and durable medical equipment such as bedside toilets, shower benches, canes, crutches, and other aids for daily living. New Horizons accepts donations of equipment from community donors, and through these donations, others are helped. If you are in need of these services or wish to make a donation, please contact the office in the area closest to where you live.
- 1Those interested shoulf contact the closest office (Shreveport, Alexandria, or Monroe).
Our mission is to serve families in Acadiana fighting and surviving cancer, with care and compassion. We are a comprehensive resource center for families facing a cancer diagnosis.
No appointment is necessary, and there are no qualifications. Our services and programs are always provided at no charge.
- 1They do not accept Hospital beds. Check with them to ask about other type of medical equipment that is not mentioned on their website.
- 1They do accept Hospital beds. Check with them to ask about other type of medical equipment that is not mentioned on their website.
- 2One of their Facebook posts they donate a vehicle lift. They usually sell items in their Thrift Store and use the money for their programs.
- 1Families Helping Families of Northeast Louisiana, Inc. is located in Monroe and serves the 12 parishes that comprise Region 8 – Ouachita, Richland, Franklin, Caldwell, Tensas, East Carroll, West Carroll, Madison, Union, Morehouse, Jackson, and Lincoln.