Lift chairs offer lots of benefits to seniors, especially for people who have difficulty sitting or standing.
The Yandel, from Ashley Furniture, is an excellent lift chair that combines style and comfort with excellent motors that take the pressure off of your bones and joints.
Read our Yandel Power Lift Recliner review to learn more about how this chair might be able to help you!
Review of: Yandel Power Lift Recliner
Please click image for more info
What We Like:
- High-quality upholstery
- Dual motors
What We Don’t Like:
- No heat or massage
- Not for tall users
Our Conclusion: For pure comfort and stand/sit assist, look no further than the Yandel Lift Recliner from Ashley Furniture.
Overview of Yandel Power Lift Recliner Chair
The Yandel Power Lift Recliner is one of the highest quality lift chairs on the market. It comes from Ashley Furniture’s Signature Design line of home furnishings, meaning it’s much more stylish than most lift chairs you’ll see. Beyond that, it’s supremely functional: the motors are quiet, the chair is very comfortable, and it’s quite easy to assemble.
If you’re looking for a lift chair for your home, this is an excellent choice. You won’t have to spend a fortune to get the Yandel, and you’ll be treated to years of relaxation, comfort, and safety. The only downside of the chair is that it does not have heating or massage, something that makes lift chairs much more beneficial.
Video Overview of Yandel Power Lift Recliner
Pros and Cons of Yandel Power lift Recliner
- High-Quality Upholstery: Clearly, upholstery isn’t the most important thing about a lift chair. The most important things are the medical benefit and comfort. However, this chair does use upholstery that is worth mentioning. It’s not leather, but you’d never be able to tell the difference. It feels and looks luxurious, but doesn’t cost a fortune.
- Comfortable: The cushion on the chair feels excellent both in the seated and fully reclined positions. You’ll be able to relax comfortably and take pressure off of your back, hips, and knees while using this chair.
- Affordable: Few chairs are made from premium materials and yet still cost less than $800, but this chair is exactly that. It’s an ideal mixture of designer style, comfort, and affordability.
- Safe: This chair has a slow-moving lift cycle that helps seniors and peoples with disabilities stand and sit safely. The last thing you need as a person with limited mobility is a lift chair that moves too fast for you to safely sit/stand!
- Dual Motors: One motor controls the backrest and another motor controls the footbed. This means you can adjust them independently from one another to get the ideal fit. If you have back, hip, or leg issues, you need the freedom to find the reclining position that works for you. With the Ashley Yandel, you have exactly that.
- Easy to Assemble: One thing that no senior needs to be dealing with is a pile of chair parts on their floor, taking up space and providing no benefit. Though the Yandel is a bit heavy, it is quite simple to put together and get running.
- No Heat or Massage: This, as mentioned, is the single largest drawback of this chair. Heat and massage functions, built into the chair, would make it much more comfortable and beneficial. When you have a chair that can massage sore muscles and soothe pain, you can prevent pressure sores, treat aches and pains, and relax much more deeply.
- Narrow: If you’re a wider person, this may not be the right lift chair for you. The seat is about 19 inches wide, which is ideal for most people but certainly too narrow for heavier, wider users.
- Not Completely Flat: When the chair is fully reclined, it still is not completely flat. This prevents it from being great for sleeping, or a suitable alternative/replacement for a hospital bed. The fully reclined position is close enough to flat that you can still use it to sleep, but it will be less than ideal.
- Not Ideal for Tall Users: If you’re a person whose height is above 6’3”, this may not be the chair for you. Your feet may hang over the footbed, which should lead you to look elsewhere for a lift chair.
Features of Yandel Power Lift Recliner
Lift chairs, comfortable and convenient though they may be, do not always look good in your home. This chair, however, is tastefully designed and should fit very well with your other furniture. You won’t have to sacrifice style for necessity with this chair; it’s an insignificant feature, yes, but noteworthy nonetheless.
Reclining, sitting, and standing happen at the press of a button, powered by motors that are nearly as quiet as a whisper. You can use the chair without causing a racket, which helps to soothe the idea of getting a medically necessary chair in your home.
This chair may not lay completely flat, but it does allow you to recline into very comfortable positions. The Ashley Yandel is what’s known as a “three-position” lift chair- this means it can extend nearly flat, but not all the way. The three positions that give this category its name are upright, 45-degree angle, and Zero-Gravity.
The Zero-Gravity Position is one of the most beneficial positions for relaxing and sleeping. This position shifts your bodyweight such that gravity is no longer pushing down on your spine or hips as much. This lets your body decompress, reduces swelling, and can help relieve pain significantly!
Specifications of Yandel Power Lift Recliner
Yandel Power Lift Recliner
Width Between Armrests
Reclined Footrest Height
Backrest Height (seat to top of backrest)
Height When Fully Reclined
Length at Full Recline
Type of Chair
Three Position Lifting Recliner
Required Space From Wall
Fits Through Doorways
30 Inches Wide
The weight limit on the Ashley Yandel is 300 pounds. This is enough for most users, but heavier users should look elsewhere. If you weigh more than 275 pounds, there is a strong chance that the motors will wear out faster due to the increased strain. So, while you may not technically weigh too much at 275 pounds, it’s still a good idea to find a lift chair with a higher weight limit.
This chair comes with a 5-year limited warranty. The upholstery and cushioning have a 1-year limit; the motors and other mechanics are covered for the full five years. If something goes wrong with your Yandel lift chair, Ashley Furniture will pay to have it repaired or replaced under the conditions of the warranty.
Where is the Product Made?
Most of Ashley Furniture’s manufacturing operations take place within the United States. However, Ashley does have manufacturing plants in China and Vietnam. It’s hard to trace the exact origins of the Yandel Power Lift Recliner, but you can trust that some or all of the chair’s parts originated within the US.
Who the Ashley Yandel is Best For?
This lift chair is ideal for seniors and people with disabilities who have trouble sitting or standing without assistance. The chair lacks massage and heat, as well as the ability to lay completely flat, so it’s not as beneficial for people who have severe arthritis or are worried about pressure sores. It’s also not a good idea to use this chair in place of a hospital bed; the benefits of hospital beds are too great.
This chair is made for people who don’t need much functionality other than assistance in lifting and reclining. It’s perfect for relieving pressure and helping you relax in a position that fits your needs. It’s also one of the most comfortable chairs on the market, even if it does lack massage and heat. If you have moderate arthritis, balance issues, joint pain, or are dealing with a recent injury, this is the chair for you.
Manual of Yandel Power lift Recliner
- This link will take you to the Ashley Yandel Power Lift Recliner Owner’s Manual
Putting your Yandel Lift Recliner together is pretty simple. You can follow the steps below, or refer to the manufacturer’s assembly instructions included in the owner’s manual for more detail:
- 1Remove chair sections and power cable from the box.
- 2Screw chair legs into the base.
- 3Power cable and remote cable into the chair base.
- 4Attach backrest to the chair base. It should slide down and click into place without much force.
- 5Plug the power cable into the wall, and you are all set!
Where to Buy
- Ashley Furniture Website: Buying directly from the manufacturer has its advantages. Customer service is a little less frustrating when you need it, because there is no middle man to deal with.
- Amazon: Buying from Amazon means that you may not be able to arrange for installation and setup for your Yandel Power Lift Recliner. When it’s delivered, it’s all yours to deal with. However, Amazon is the place to get the best deal on many items, and this one is no different. The Amazon price is nearly always lower than the price listed on other sites.
- Ashley Furniture Homestores: There are hundreds of stores in the United States; one of them is likely within driving distance for you! Shopping in-store allows you to test the chair before you buy it. You can also speak with an employee who can give you in-depth answers to your questions that you may not be able to find online.
- Big Lots: If you live in an American city with more than a few thousand people, there is a very high chance you know where the local Big Lots is. While you might not find a model available in-store, Big Lots does carry this chair and can have it ordered for you.
Wilma Gregory’s Yandel Power Lift Recliner Review
Yandel Power lift Recliner is stylish, durable, and extremely comfortable- an all-around great lift chair. What do you think about the Yandel? Is it the right chair for you, or are there other options you’re considering? Let us know in the comments section below!
Yandel Power Lift Recliner (Click image for more info)