Adjustable beds are incredible devices with many benefits for any user, especially those with sleep disorders or disabilities. These beds are comfortable and provide advantages that regular beds cannot. They are also expensive, and not everyone can afford one. So, how can you get one of these devices for free?
To get a free adjustable bed, you’ll need to be patient and check daily with charities and government programs. There’s no quick way around it, but if you look daily, chances are you’ll find one eventually. You can also try your luck with a free adjustable bed contest.
In today’s guide, we’ll take an in-depth look at the ways to get an adjustable bed for free. You’ll also learn about the charities and government programs that provide free adjustable beds for low-income families and veterans.
How to Get a Free Adjustable Bed
There are not many ways to get a free adjustable bed, but it doesn’t mean it is impossible. You can contact charities, government-related programs, Medicare, and even adjustable bed retailers. It is all about being persistent, patient, and checking daily for new promotions and funds.
Get a Free Adjustable Bed Frame with Mattress Purchase
One of the easiest and fastest ways to get an adjustable bed frame for free is to check with the manufacturer or store. Some of these companies need to get rid of old stock every new season. That’s why they launch promotions like “Buy a new mattress and get a free adjustable frame.”
These sales are more common when big companies celebrate an anniversary or a big holiday. So, they are usually tied with a new premium mattress or other accessories that are compatible with adjustable beds.
Here’s what you’ll need to do to get a free adjustable bed with this method:
- You need to be patient and check daily in stores and similar websites for the right time.
- Be careful with scams and only purchase promotions from reliable sellers and manufacturers.
- If you find one, check if there’s any problem with the bed frame. Most free items do not include a warranty or a return policy.
- Fulfill the company requirements to receive the adjustable bed frame. Usually, they will require you to buy something else and give some personal information.
As a rule, you’ll still need to invest around 500 USD to get one of these free adjustable bed frames. It sounds like a lot of money, but it is more affordable than buying one without a promotion. You’ll also be getting the mattress, which is another considerable investment you won’t have to worry about.
Tip: You can use search engines like Milled to look for the best free adjustable bed promotions available. This website allows you to check a wide range of newsletters of different companies to keep you informed about any reliable new sales.
Free Adjustable Bed for the Disabled – Government & Charity Programs
Many charities provide help for necessary medical equipment for disabled people. You will usually need to prove that you require the bed to be eligible for one.
However, remember that there’s a lot of people trying to get the same devices, and there might not be enough for all of them.
Here are some of the most trusted government programs and charities:
- Disability Grants: It is an organization that helps you find the proper funding or grant for your medical needs. You need to prove that a doctor has prescribed the device for a specific reason and provide personal information.
- Theraposture: It is a reliable company in the United Kingdom. It provides free adjustable beds and cots for disabled kids. However, to be eligible, you need to pass a strict test by a Social Services specialist. They also do charity work and provide a lot of private funding for families in need.
- Project C.U.R.E: It is one of the most well-known non-profit organizations working with medical equipment. The organization has offices worldwide and has trained personnel in over 135 countries. It focuses more on international help, but it also works in the United States.
- Christian Connections for International Help: It is an organization focused on connecting you with a charity to help with your specific need. They also provide a wide variety of medical equipment to different hospitals worldwide. So, if you need help finding the right place, you can check with them.
- The Mobility Aids Grant Scheme: This government grant is offered to Irish citizens with disabilities. It covers any necessary medical equipment like adjustable beds that costs less than 6000 EUR.
Additionally, you could get a free adjustable bed if you have access to Medicare Part B. It covers different outpatient medical services and equipment, meaning you’ll need to prove a Medicare-approved doctor has prescribed you the bed. If you can prove it, then Medicare will cover the cost.
Free Adjustable Bed for Veterans – Government & Charity Programs
For American veterans, getting a free adjustable bed is an easier process because more government programs and charities are available. However, with many veterans in need, there won’t be enough options for all of them.
Here are some government programs and charities for veterans:
- Easy Rest: It is an American company committed to helping veterans get a quality night’s sleep. Every month they give a completely free and new adjustable bed to a veteran who needs better rest. However, because it is such a popular charity, there’s an extensive waiting line to get one of these devices for free.
- Veterans Affairs: The Veterans Affairs office can help you finance an adjustable bed in some situations. It is not easy to achieve, but it can be done if you talk directly with their main offices. You have to be persistent and do not take no for an answer until they have given you a solution.
- QBMedical: It is a non-profit organization focused on helping veterans with brand-new medical equipment and services. This organization has been working to help veterans for more than 15 years.
Some retail stores and manufacturers provide different promotions, discounts, and even free adjustable beds for veterans. However, because of the demand, they do not promote those benefits. So, check with your local retail store or reach out to other veterans to find out where you can get one of these devices for free.
Free Adjustable Bed for Low-Income People – Government & Charity programs
Some charities and government programs help low-income families get essential medical equipment. However, they provide the most basic devices because of poor funding and bureaucratic traps. So, finding one that provides a high-quality adjustable bed is a matter of patience and luck.
Here’s what you can do:
- Reach out to local charities and churches to explain your situation.
- Provide them with information about you and why you need an adjustable bed.
- Do not lose hope. Many people around the country are trying to help as much as possible.
- Be careful, do not agree to anything sketchy with unreliable organizations or people.
Tip: You can also check Low Income Relief, an organization focused on helping low-income families, for information about private funding for your adjustable bed.
How to Get a Free Trial on an Adjustable Bed
Most adjustable bed retailers and companies provide a risk-free trial for any possible client. You can use this time to decide whether or not that specific model is ideal for your medical needs.
Here are some companies that include a free-trial policy:
- SOLACE: This Australian retailer offers high-quality adjustable beds at affordable prices. They have a 100 risk-free trial period and a 25-year warranty for every customer interested in one of their adjustable bed models.
- Personal Comfort: An American online retailer focused on providing high-quality adjustable beds. This company offers a 120-nights risk-free trial to try the bed before purchasing. The retailer also has fantastic sales and deals throughout the year, so check their website regularly.
- Level Sleep: This American company offers excellent adjustable bed deals and a 50-nights free trial. You’ll be able to test the bed without any commitment before deciding whether it is the right option for you.
Some other stores and manufacturers provide similar warranties and trial policies. You only need to look for them near your city or town.
How to Win a Free Adjustable Bed – Where to Look for Contests
You can also win an adjustable bed in a local or countrywide contest. It is not as common as you might think, but it is not impossible.
For instance, Easy Rest has an adjustable bed giveaway now and then for one lucky customer. You only need to follow the contest guidelines to participate.
Another company that has a yearly adjustable bed giveaway is Ultramatic. The bed they give for free is valued at 5000 USD and has the best features possible. So, try your luck and see if you can get it.
Getting an adjustable bed for free is not an impossible mission, but it takes a lot of patience and persistence. You’ll have to stay on a waitlist for months or check the internet daily to be the first one to apply. However, do not lose hope if you can’t find one in the first week or month, as the process usually takes time.
Overall, obtaining a free adjustable bed through a charity or government program should be your first option. However, you can also win one of these beds through a local or countrywide contest.