Tempur-Pedic is one of the most popular adjustable bed brands in the industry. However, their beds can still stop working. So, what do you do if your Tempur-Pedic adjustable bed is not working properly?
To fix your new Tempur-Pedic adjustable bed, unplug it for around 45 seconds. If you can wait for longer, do it. Connect the power supply again and test the different functions. If the problem persists, contact Tempur-Pedic's customer service team.
In today's troubleshooting guide, we'll take a look at Tempur-Pedic adjustable beds and their most common problems. We'll also delve into the different ways to fix your new Tempur-Pedic adjustable bed and how to determine if it is time to get it serviced.
How to Set Up a Tempur-Pedic Adjustable Base
Depending on the adjustable model you've picked, assembling your new Tempur-Pedic model can be challenging. However, if you follow the instructions in the manual, it should be a straightforward process.
These are the steps you need to follow to assemble your Tempur-Pedic adjustable bed:
- 1Place the components box in the room where you will use the bed.
- 2Remove every piece carefully. Remember that adjustable beds are delicate devices, and any fall can break the pieces.
- 3Ensure every component and part is included. You should have the following items: an adjustable base, remote control, power cords, adjustable legs, and a mattress retainer bar.
- 4Start by placing the adjustable legs in the leg holes in each corner.
- 5Connect the power supply to the motor.
- 6Install the mattress retainer bar on the footrest of the base.
- 7With someone's help, flip the base into place.
- 8Plug the power supply into a power outlet.
- 9Test every feature and lifting position.
- 10If everything is working correctly, you can place the mattress, bedding, and accessories on top.
As you can see, the process should not take that long. However, if you have problems assembling your Tempur-Pedic adjustable bed, you can check out this video tutorial. It explains in detail the different steps needed for this procedure:
How to Disassemble a Tempur-Pedic Adjustable Bed
Disassembling your Tempur-Pedic adjustable bed can be an ordeal, especially if you have one of the bigger sizes. It means doing all you did to assemble it, but in reverse, which entails removing the mattress and other heavy parts.
These are the steps you need to follow to disassemble your Tempur-Pedic adjustable bed:
- 1Unplug your adjustable bed and wait for a few minutes.
- 2Remove the bed accessories, bedding, pillows, and mattress.
- 3With someone's help, flip the adjustable base. Do it carefully, and don't let any piece fall to the floor.
- 4Detach the adjustable legs and remove the mattress retainer bar.
- 5Disconnect all the power supply cords until you are left with only the bed base.
- 6Remember to store every piece as you go to avoid losing any.
- 7Now your Tempur-Pedic adjustable bed is ready to be moved.
How to Move a Tempur-Pedic Adjustable Bed Frame
If you are the owner of an adjustable bed, eventually, you'll need to move it. It doesn't matter whether you are moving to a new home or just trying your luck with another bedroom.
The process of moving an adjustable bed is not that simple and should always be done with someone's help and supervision.
Follow these steps to move your Tempur-Pedic adjustable bed frame correctly:
- 1Follow the instructions in the prior section to disassemble your adjustable bed. You must remove the legs before moving the frame.
- 2With someone's help, lift the frame and rest it on its side.
- 3Remove any obstructions in your path that could lead to an accident.
- 4Carry the frame, but remember not to put all the strain on your back or knees. You can do this by squatting before lifting.
- 5Now, you can move your adjustable bed to where you need it to be.
- 6Once you've moved the frame, you can go back to pick up the remaining pieces.
Can You Attach a Headboard to a Tempur-Pedic Adjustable Bed?
Attaching a headboard to your Tempur-Pedic adjustable bed can be a difficult process. These devices are not designed with headboard compatibility. However, Tempur-Pedic sells a universal headboard bracket kit you can install on your adjustable bed to make it headboard compatible.
This bracket is compatible with all Tempur-Pedic adjustable bed bases, including the Tempur Ergo and Ergo-Extend models. The cost is only 24 USD but can vary if you need more than one bracket for your bed.
How to Attach a Headboard to a Tempur-Pedic Adjustable Bed
Attaching a headboard to your Tempur-Pedic adjustable bed should be a straightforward process. Once you've bought your universal headboard bracket kit, all you need to do is follow the manual instructions.
Here's what you need to attach a headboard to your Tempur-Pedic adjustable bed:
- 1Unplug the adjustable bed.
- 2Remove the mattress, bedding, and accessories.
- 3With someone's help, push the base away from the wall to access the headrest.
- 4Find the holes where the universal headboard bracket will be installed. They should be on the sides of the bed.
- 5Install the headboard bracket.
- 6Now, all you need to do is attach the headboard and secure it to the bracket.
- 7Place the bed back in its place and put back the mattress, bedding, and other accessories.
Tempur-Pedic Adjustable Base Manuals
Tempur-Pedic offers a wide selection of online and digital resources, including owner's manuals and video tutorials. So don't worry if you lost your instruction guide or need a closer look at the adjustable bed before buying.
These are the user manuals for all Tempur-Pedic adjustable beds:
Tempur-Pedic Adjustable Bed Remote Programming
The remote included with your Tempur-Pedic adjustable bed comes already paired. However, if your remote didn't sync automatically, there's no need to worry. You can synchronize it quickly by following a couple of steps. These steps will also serve you if you've got a remote replacement.
Here is what you need to do to program your Tempur-Pedic remote control:
- 1Locate the battery backup box underneath your adjustable bed.
- 2Press the button on the box twice as fast as possible.
- 3Remove the back cover of the remote.
- 4Press and hold down the pairing button on the remote's back.
- 5The button will begin flashing with a blue light. Wait until it finishes and release the button.
- 6Your remote should now be paired with the adjustable bed. However, you still need to test all the features.
How Do I Reset My Tempur-Pedic Adjustable Bed Remote?
Your Tempur-Pedic remote control should give you no problems unless the batteries run out, which can be solved by simply replacing them.
However, if the problem is not the battery, you might need to check the child lock. This lock prevents the adjustable bed from moving.
You need to press the Head Down and Foot Down buttons for three seconds, and the child lock will be deactivated. There's no other way to troubleshoot or reset the remote control, so you might need to get a replacement if it's still not working.
Tempur-Pedic Adjustable Base Not Working - Common Problems & How to Fix Them
Tempur-Pedic adjustable beds are some of the most durable and luxurious models available in the market. They have a solid weight capacity, resistant build, excellent mattress compatibility, and premium features. However, like any other electric device, they can malfunction or stop working altogether.
Here are the most common problems with Tempur-Pedic adjustable bed bases:
Tempur-Pedic Adjustable Bed Too Noisy
One of the main problems with Tempur-Pedic adjustable beds is when they start making a lot of noise when switching positions. This can happen because you exceed the frame’s weight capacity. When the capacity is exceeded, the motor needs to make more effort, making it noisier.
To solve this problem, you need to reduce the weight on top of your adjustable base. You need to remove heavy accessories, bedding, and pillows. You can also replace your mattress with a lighter model.
Tempur-Pedic Adjustable Bed Mattress Sliding Off
Tempur-Pedic adjustable beds have excellent mattress compatibility, but only if your mattress is the right size for the bed. If your mattress is too big, it might obstruct the lifting mechanism. On the other hand, it might slide off when switching positions if it is too small.
Tempur-Pedic Ergo Adjustable Base Problems - Common Problems & How to Fix Them
The Tempur Ergo models have more innovative designs with premium characteristics and extra features. Because they use more advanced technology, they also have different and more complex problems.
These are the most common problems with Tempur-Ergo adjustable bed bases.
Tempur-Ergo Adjustable Bed One or More Functions Not Working
When your Tempur-Pedic is not working properly, it means you need to troubleshoot it. This process resets the adjustable bed to its original configurations. Once the troubleshooting is done, you should be able to use the different bed features.
Here's what you need to do to troubleshoot your adjustable bed:
- 1Ensure the problem is not the power supply or power outlet.
- 2If the problem has nothing to do with power, you need to unplug the adjustable bed.
- 3Wait for around 45 seconds or more if possible.
- 4Connect the bed again to the power outlet.
- 5Test all the features of your adjustable bed.
If the problem continues, you'll need to contact Tempur-Pedic's customer support line to get your adjustable bed serviced.
Tempur-Ergo Adjustable Bed Stuck
Sometimes your Tempur-Pedic can get stuck in a raised position. It can happen because of a power outage or malfunction, and the bed won't come down to a flat position no matter what you do. However, if this happens to you, there's a way to fix it without getting it serviced.
Here's what you have to do to solve this problem with your Tempur-Ergo adjustable bed:
- 1Unplug the power supply.
- 2Remove the mattress, accessories, and bedding.
- 3With someone's help, flip the adjustable base to access the motor and lifting mechanism.
- 4Determine which part of the mechanism is stuck.
- 5Locate the actuator. It is a lock in each joint that keeps the bed from moving when locked into position.
- 6Release the actuator and push the independent joint to a flat position.
- 7Place the actuator back in place and ensure there are no obstructions in the lifting mechanism.
- 8Flip the bed back to its place.
- 9Plug in the adjustable bed again and test all of its features.
The problems should be solved by now, but if it isn't, you'll need to contact Tempur-Pedic's customer support to get your bed serviced.
Tempur-Pedic Adjustable Bed Repair Near - How to Find Repair Near Me
The best way to find a Tempur-Pedic bed repair service near you is to use a search engine like Chrome or Safari. You only need to type in your city, state, and the service you require: “Tempur-Pedic bed repair near me”. Browse through the main results to find the right option for your area and budget.
In many cases, you can also get repairs directly from Tempur-Pedic. We recommend contacting the company before turning to a third-party repair business.
Tempur-Pedic Adjustable Bed Parts - Where to Buy Them Online and In-Store
You can find some parts, including remotes, in online retailers like Amazon. However, if you need a complete catalog of replacement parts, you have to contact Tempur-Pedic's customer service. The company has a reliable support team to help you identify the necessary parts for your adjustable bed model.
Tempur-Pedic Adjustable Base Customer Service
Tempur-Pedic has a fast and reliable customer service and support line. Still, it is not a 24/7 service like some of its competitors. If you need to contact the company, you can go to its website's Contact Us section or call (800)-826-6621.
These are Tempur-Pedic's social media accounts:
Tempur-Pedic adjustable beds are high-quality models with innovative designs and premium features not offered by most brands. They are durable devices, but they can malfunction from time to time. If your Tempur-Pedic bed is not working correctly, you can start by checking if the problem is the power outlet or supply.
If the problem is not the power supply, you'll need to troubleshoot your adjustable bed. To do this, unplug the bed and wait for around 45 seconds, more if possible. Then, connect the adjustable bed again and test its different features. It should be solved, but contact Tempur-Pedic's customer service for help if the problem persists.
Overall, Tempur-Pedic makes premium, easy-to-assemble, innovative devices with solid durability. The company also provides a good customer service and support line, which you'll need to use if you need replacement parts.